Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Phuket Trip 2





2nd day of Phuket was the Island tour. We made a tough choice between the Similan tour which is more expensive and the PhiPhi island tour. Similan is one of the top 10 island in the world with a rich breed of corals and beautiful crystal clear water, and it only opens between Nov- April. Considering all the facts, we chose Similan in the end. But I guess it was a wrong choice. Not because of the beauty of the island, is the tough travelling route. We woke up 5 plus to catch the 6am van to the jetty, land transfer already took 1 and half hour. Then, the worst thing was still behind, we still need to take another 1 and half hour of speedboat journey. That was the worst speedboat jourrney I ever had. It was bumping up and down for the 90 min journey, causing a big headache to all of us.

Finally after the terrible nearly 4 hrs journey, we reached Similan. The water is definitely clear and crystal clean. But all of us were too tired and shaggy to enjoy the beauty of the island. We sat at a corner chit chatting in the end. And worst still, worrying of another 4 hrs journey back to hotel for the return journey. After a long day travelling, we back to hotel near to 7pm. And because of the shaggy Similan trip, we cancelled the next day rafting trip, instead changed it to half day ATV motor biking. Partly I was bit disappointed of this Phuket Trip perhaps we chose the wrong option for ourselves. Similan is surely a beautiful island, one of the most beautiful and conserved I have seen. But I guess Phiphi island, which maynot be as beautiful and more commercial may serve more meanings to us and more suitable in this case. Anyway, at least we have seen the beauty of the conserved island =).

I shall shorten my travel journal for Phuket ;p. The next morning we went for a short adventure half day tour. That was where we seen the monkey show, I touched the little naughty monkey like ann, rode on the elephant and ATV, the 4 -wheels bike. Kinda proud of myself during the ATV riding. it was bit dangerous and we need to pass the uphill(like nearly 60 deg slope) and downhill as well, plus the scorching hot sun burning. All it worth well for a moment of satisfying in completing the ride

No comments:

Post a Comment