Tuesday, January 18, 2011

春风

Sometimes during lesson, I would tell the kids some stories or things happening around us. These Sec 1 kids, they like listening to stories, so happen that I like sharing some of these little things around me with them. But I'm not yet a good story teller. Can see from their facial expression sometimes they don't understand what I'm saying.

So was asking my form class today whether they observe a cooler weather these few days. It has been raining since starting of the year, and the morning temp is like indoor aircon. They were so excited and saying ya, very nice bla bla bla. Then, I asked them 'Do you know why?'... Some say is winter season. Emm, ok well, Singapore is not 4 seasons country. As their Science teacher, some give me a reasonable answer 'Monsoon season, teacher'.

My answer is not that scientific proven too. I told them this, which was actually told by my dad when I was young.

I asked them ' What is the coming festival?'
'Chinese New Year!!!' and they started to tell their neighbour friends about their CNY preparation.

Then I moved on ' Do you all notice that every time before CNY, you will experience a cool breeze of wind? In Chinese, we call it 春风. A long time ago, when people experience this cool breeze of wind, they knew is Spring, and new year is approaching. It is an indication of a new year.'

A sudden silent in the class. Some give me an agreeable look. Some look blurred. Well, probably they have not experienced the wind yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment