Friday, November 5, 2010

A day when everything goes wrong..

Morning: 7.25am
It started when I put on my mid heel shoes, got almost stuck in the lift as the heels trapped between the gap of the lift door.

Then, stuck at the MRT entrance again because it can't sense my Ezlink card.

8.45am
My dear Sony Erricson phone died off... keypad spoiled.. I could see messages and calls coming in but couldn't do anything.. Can't call.. can't msg...Worse still, I don't know where is the workshop location. Was intended to call my friend (before the phone spoiled) but now... just can't do anything. p/s: the workshop started 9am.

Ran around the campus, looking for some familiar faces to tell me the location. Saw NONE of my friends... desperately, I just approach a girl who's using laptop, logged on to my NIE portal to check out the location. and i forgot to log out from her laptop... emm

15 mins late for the workshop. Luckily, she is a nice trainer =).

10.30am
Still grueling over my phone's disaster and was when I discovered another 'good' news. I LOST MY CARD HOLDER!! which has my credit card cum ezlink, my PR IC, NTU alumni card bla bla etc.... My first thought: what happen today?

Acting extremely calm, I just turned over and told my friends. Then, sat there for a few seconds... ok, so first thing, I need to call Citibank to cancel my credit card. Borrow phone from my friend and started calling Citibank. Back to the class for 2nd half of the workshop....

Middle of the workshop, a call coming in...' Must be some kind-hearted soul found my cards and wanna return to me =)' I thought, but I just can't do anything cox the keypad spoiled, phone number not shown... despair...

1pm
Rushed home, transfer my sim card to another temporary phone but it didn't show the previous miss call. Was still wondering how many cards I need to ask for replace now..... Desperately, search for my Sony Erricson warranty card but it stated 'only for 1 yr'... my phone just expired two mths.Did S.erricson do any calculation b4? How come my phone so yam spoiled just 2 mths after the warranty period??

2pm
Was so determined to find out who called me earlier. Went back to JP Sony Erricson service centre that was when the gal told me without warranty, to repair the keypad need at least 70sg... Nope... definitely not gg to repair it.. I'm waiting for my I-phone 4plus she mentioned all data will be erased. So no point to repair it.

4pm
Walk around JP like a zoombie.. was thinking I should stay at home in case any misfortune happen again... That was when.... everything goes fine again =D. Received a call from an NIE prof regarding my lost cards !!!! SUDDENLY, life turns better.. He said he tried to contact me earlier on but couldn't reach me... Yeap, my phone spoiled, I told him. He was like: Oh, so coincidence? Yes, it is just so coincidence.

Rushed to NIE to get back my cards.Bought a box of choc for the nice prof.. hehe. He really saved me alot of trouble from renewing those cards.

Things got better later at night, I guess the luck coming in soon. Positive thinking =).. perhaps these small little bad luck things are just to let more good lucks come in?? or to help me prevent even worst things in life... I am so much an optimistic person :D

After an eventful day, was having yam-cha with NTU gang when Wjian first sentence was: You become darker. Grrr, heart broken... the result of playing too much.. From Tioman to Bio outfield trip to Kukup to whatever outdoor events... I need my bright white face back =(... but i couldn't resist the temptation of exploring outdoor too...

Argh, sometimes you just can't have all things you want in life... the opportunity cost, I should say. Worth or not worth? It is just a decision made at the crossroad that makes all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment